Sherry R. Freeman, 56, died at 1:58 a.m. Friday, October 23, 2020 at OSF St. Anthony’s Health Center. Born October 18, 1964 in Alton, she was the daughter of Jon J. and Linda L. (Roberts) Schmoeller of Alton. Mrs. Freeman worked as an LPN for OSF St. Anthony’s Health Center for 25 years. On December 20, 1985 she married Dennis L. Freeman in Alton. He survives. Also surviving is a daughter, Ashley Calame (Nick) of Godfrey, three grandchildren, Madison, Lillian and Jase Calame and two step children, Chad Freeman of Florida and Stacy Aquino (Je’sus) of Florida. She is also survived by her mother-in-law, Della M Freeman of Godfrey, three sisters, Deanna Gunter (David) of Alton, Lori Bloom (Ron) of Godfrey, and Elizabeth Hisaw (Jon) of Godfrey, brothers and sisters-in-law, Brenda Harp (Doug), Kenneth Freeman (Debra), Kevin Freeman (Lori), and Jean Johns (Scott) as well as numerous, aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews and friends. She was preceded in death by her father-in-law, Howard Freeman and her grandparents, Bud and Pearl Schmoeller and Bob and Mary Roberts. Visitation will be from 2:00-5:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at Gent Funeral Home in Alton. Memorials may be made to the OSF Moeller Cancer Center or OSF St. Anthony’s Hospice. Online guestbook and information may be found at www.gentfuneralhome.com
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- IDPH reports 8,322 new coronavirus cases, 47 additional deaths
- Amazon provides Thanksgiving meals for Granite City area families
- Tammy J. Sanders
- Alton’s Green Gift Bazaar expands to two sites
- MCT breaks ground on Eastgate park and ride facility in East Alton
- COVID-19 testing set at Granite City Senior High School
- State closes deer check stations to prevent coronavirus infections
- Taste of Downtown Alton adopts “to-go” format
- Cookbook sales to benefit area nonprofits
- Thomas Anthony Papin