Philip Arthur Waidmann, 64, died at 2:05 p.m. on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Alton Memorial Hospital. He was born December 11, 1956 in East St. Louis, IL the son of the late Arthur Edward and Kathryn Anna (Kern) Waidmann. He was a member of Godfrey Congregational Church and was a data entry specialist with various companies. Surviving are two sisters, Dawn Williams (Larry) of Battle Ground, IN, Verna Waidmann (Dustin Davis) of Kewanee, IL and one brother-in-law, Allan Strachan of Canada. Besides his parents he was preceded in death by one sister, Karen Waidmann-Strachan. Visitation will be from 10:00 a.m. until time of funeral service at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at Gent Funeral Home in Alton. Burial will at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Belleville, IL. Reverend Richard McCreary will officiate. Memorials may be made to the Godfrey Congregational Church. Additional information and online guest book may be found at www.gentfuneralhome.com
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Couple wins $25,000 in nationwide weight loss contest
- Belleville man injured in I-55 crash
- Bethalto family opens new storage facility
- Missouri residents charged in shooting of SIUE student
- Convention center to serve as vaccine distribution hub
- Alton Restaurant Week continues to expand lineup
- Two face meth charges in Wood River raid
- Granite City schools looking for substitute teachers
- Harry Lee Guida
- Democrats call on local Republicans to denounce Trump’s role in inciting violence at the Capitol