Pamela K. Ready, 74, died at 2:11 p.m. Thursday, November 11, 2021 at her home in Alton. Born February 19, 1947 in Alton, she was the daughter of Fred and Mary Alice (Holder) Jones. She attended Westminster Presbyterian Church. Surviving is a son and daughter-in-law, Bryan and Jennifer Ready of Shipman, six grandchildren, Bryan J. Ready, Carrie Ready (fiancé, Kaden), Caleb Ready, Matthew Ready, Kaylee Ready, and Rebekah Ready. Also surviving is a brother, Thomas Jones (Reidun) of Columbia, IL, and a sister-in-law, Judy Jones. Along with her parents, she was preceded in death by a brother, Michael Jones. Private graveside services will be held at Poor Cemetery in Calhoun County. Memorials may be made to Westminster Presbyterian Church, North Alton Southern Baptist Church, or the Crazy Horse Memorial in Custer, SD. Gent Funeral Home in Alton is in charge of arrangements. Online guestbook and information may be found at www.gentfuneralhome.com
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Four charged in Wood River drug bust
- GOP lawmakers take issue with Pritzker’s comments after Rittenhouse verdict
- Update on Facebook settlements for Illinoisans
- Troy woman shot dead in Farmersville
- Victim identified in Monday night Alton fire
- Police raid alleged Wood River drug house
- Thieves steal car in Godfrey
- Illinois EMA urges winter prep for car and home
- Social Security redesigns online statements
- Granite City man sentenced in sex abuse case