Michael Wenzel, 62, died at 9:58 p.m. on Thursday, November 19, 2020 at his residence. He was born August 17, 1958 in Alton the son of Cecil and Wanda Wenzel. He retired from Walmart as a shelf stocker. On April 7, 1978 in Alton he married Kathy Rhymer and she survives. Also surviving are two sons, Michael Wenzel (Christine) of Alton and Andrew Wenzel of Alton, two grandchildren, Jace Wenzel and Alexa Staley, one brother, Ronald Wenzel of Lufkin, TX and one sister, Melinda Barthol of Shreveport, LA. A drive thru memorial visitation will be from 6:00 p.m. until time of private family funeral at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, November 23, 2020 at Gent Funeral Home in Alton. Pastor Faye Edmiaston will officiate. Please enter through the south entrance off Rozier Street. Memorials may be made to the American Heart Association. Additional information and online guest book may be found at www.gentfuneralhome.com
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- IDPH reports 8,322 new coronavirus cases, 47 additional deaths
- Amazon provides Thanksgiving meals for Granite City area families
- Edwardsville police release photos of courthouse vandal
- Tammy J. Sanders
- Group starts petition drive to oppose Blue Lives Matter resolution
- Alton’s Green Gift Bazaar expands to two sites
- State closes deer check stations to prevent coronavirus infections
- COVID-19 testing set at Granite City Senior High School
- Taste of Downtown Alton adopts “to-go” format
- Gary L. Rhodes