Margaret Nell Smith, 90, died at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at Alton Memorial Hospital. Born October 16, 1930 in Higbee, MO, she was the daughter of Elmer Earl and Hazel Catherin (Warford) Kirby. Mrs. Smith was a member of Calvary Baptist Church in Alton. She was a school bus driver for the Roxana School District and retired from the gift shop at Christian Hospital Northeast. On June 18, 1947 she married Maston “Earl” Smith in Roxana. He preceded her in death on July 8, 2009. Surviving is a daughter, RaNell Consiglio and her husband Joe of Hartford, and three grandchildren, Kimberly Consiglio, William Consiglio and his wife Kristen, and Hannah Consiglio. Along with her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by a daughter, Rebecca Davis, a granddaughter, Catherin Consiglio, and a brother, Jerry Kirby. Private services will be held at Gent Funeral Home in Alton. Reverend Andre’ Dobson will officiate. Burial will be at Valhalla Memorial Park in Godfrey. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or the Salvation Army. Online guestbook and information may be found at www.gentfuneralhome.com
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Bethalto family opens new storage facility
- Belleville man injured in I-55 crash
- Missouri residents charged in shooting of SIUE student
- State removes some COVID-19 restrictions in four area counties
- Roquel Brown
- IDPH reporting COVID-19 vaccination data online
- Convention center to serve as vaccine distribution hub
- Sandra K. Beckman
- Harry Lee Guida
- Granite City schools looking for substitute teachers