Donald Lewis Myers passed away January 1, 2021 at Alton Memorial Hospital. He was born on May 20, 1931 in Alton IL. He was preceded in death by his father and mother, Earl and Mildred Myers and his sister, Norma McCune. Surviving are a brother Rick Myers, a sister Sandy Lee, a daughter Dawn Ferguson, a grandson Zachary Ferguson, and several nephews that he adored.
Donald served in the 215th Armed services and graduated from Millikin University in Decatur IL. He served on the board of directors of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity as well as the Board of Directors at Wanda Cemetery in South Roxana.
Donald enjoyed traveling with his good friend and companion Shirley Kleeman and spending time with her children and grandchildren. He also loved the little things in life, sunrise, sunset, watching birds and deer. He touched many hearts and lives and we are forever grateful for everyone who prayed and prayed for him.
Due to the pandemic, private funeral services will be held at Gent Funeral Home in Alton IL. Burial rites will be held at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis, Mo. A celebration of his life will be held at a later date. Online guestbook and information may be found at www.gentfuneralhome.com
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- State removes some COVID-19 restrictions in four area counties
- Christina O'Reilly
- Alton School District to name West Gym after longtime coach, teacher
- Roquel Brown
- Missouri residents charged in shooting of SIUE student
- Sandra K. Beckman
- IDPH reporting COVID-19 vaccination data online
- Bethalto family opens new storage facility
- IDPH reports five more COVID-19 deaths throughout region
- Three Godfrey trustees back business stimulus program