Dennis L. Welch, 67 died at 3:55 a.m. Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at his home with his wife at bedside. He was born May 1, 1953 in Wood River, IL the son of the late Rollin and Helen Grace (Fuller) Welch. Dennis was a member of Brown Street Baptist Church in Alton and he enjoyed traveling, computers and target shooting. Dennis spent his life learning various crafts such as locksmithing, owning and managing DJ’s Record Store and working many years at the Wood River Hospital. He worked in computer networking in St. Louis for many years. On November 9, 2001 he married the former Donna Cochran in Alton. She survives. Also surviving are two brothers, Ray Welch (Mary) of Brighton and David Welch (Joanne) of Bethalto, and one sister-in-law, Linda Welch of TX., and multiple nieces and nephews including Craig Welch, Shawn Pashea and Cody Welch. Besides his parents he was preceded in death by a brother, Larry Welch. Public visitation will be from 12:00 noon until time of private family funeral at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, January 4, 2021 at Gent Funeral Home in Alton. Pastor Greg Linscott will officiate. Burial will be at Valhalla Memorial Park in Godfrey. Memorials may be made to Brown Street Baptist Church in Alton. Additional information and online guest book may be found at www.gentfuneralhome.com
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Belleville man injured in I-55 crash
- Bethalto family opens new storage facility
- Missouri residents charged in shooting of SIUE student
- Alton Restaurant Week continues to expand lineup
- Convention center to serve as vaccine distribution hub
- Couple wins $25,000 in nationwide weight loss contest
- Harry Lee Guida
- Granite City schools looking for substitute teachers
- Democrats call on local Republicans to denounce Trump’s role in inciting violence at the Capitol
- Area mayors opposed to police reform bill