On Thursday December 30, 2020 Vicki L. Vickers of Brighton, IL, loving partner, mother, grandmother and sister passed away at the age of 53 years young. Vicki was born on March 29, 1967 in Granite City, IL to Lucille (Barnes) Ferguson and step-father Leonard George Ferguson. Her career spanned thirty years with Walmart and working her way from inventory clerk to assistant manager. Vicki is survived by her loving partner of 15 years Terry McCreary, daughter Heather Utterback, son-in-law Cory Utterback, three grandchildren Ryeleigh, Rayven and Legend, a niece Maddie Fritz of sister Melissa Clothier and a niece Nicole Mattina of sister Yvonne Mattina and nieces and nephews Kai Otto Yotter, Kevin Yotter, Kirsten Yotter, and two step nephews, Dalton and Derek Barnes of brother Keith Yotter. Vicki championed animal rescue and unselfishly gave abandoned animals a home of love and care. The family will continue to cherish her adopted three dogs, two cats and two birds. She loved to travel, camp, landscape and decorate for the holidays. She was known and appreciated for her infectious smile, laugh, straightforward, openhearted personality and genuine spirit which will forever be cherished. Vicki was preceded in death by her mother Lucille, step-father Leonard and brother Keith Yotter. She is survived by her sisters Yvonne Mattina of Blue Ridge, TX, Lynda Yotter of Mexico, MO, Melissa Clothier, Elden, MO, and Rhonda Nemsky and brother-in-law Dan Nemsky of Glen Carbon, IL. A celebration of life service will be announced at a later date and be held at the Gent Funeral Home, Alton, IL. In lieu of flowers, donations can be sent in Vicki’s honor to the ASPCA or any other charity. Cards or other correspondence can be forwarded to Gent Funeral Home, 2409 State Street, Alton, IL 62002. Online guestbook and information may be found at www.gentfuneralhome.com
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Couple wins $25,000 in nationwide weight loss contest
- Convention center to serve as vaccine distribution hub
- Belleville man injured in I-55 crash
- Alton Restaurant Week continues to expand lineup
- Legislation would jeopardize public safety, Plummer says
- Two face meth charges in Wood River raid
- Democrats call on local Republicans to denounce Trump’s role in inciting violence at the Capitol
- Granite City schools looking for substitute teachers
- Area mayors opposed to police reform bill
- Haine: "Political violence destroys the rule of law"