Virginia Irene Banister, 95, of Carlinville, formerly of Lincoln, IL, passed away on Tuesday morning, January 12, 2021 at Carlinville Rehab and Health Care in Carlinville, IL. Virginia was born on December 11, 1925 to Dallas and Adeline (Wilson) Bristow in Atlanta, IL. She graduated from Atlanta High School in Atlanta, IL. Virginia married Vernon Leo "Bo" Banister on June 29, 1945 in Logan County, IL. He preceded her in death on December 15, 2005. Virginia was a homemaker, raising a son and taking care of all the household needs of her family. She was a member of Sweetwater Church of Christ and later the Church of the Nazarene in Lincoln, IL. Virginia enjoyed spending time crafting, cooking for her family, friends and church, as well as sewing and going to garage sales. Virginia is survived by her son, Dallas Banister of Girard, IL; two grandchildren, Jeff (Sandy) Banister of Carlinville, IL, Lisa (Darren) Schmedeke of Carlinville, IL and four great grandchildren. Virginia was preceded in death by her parents; husband; daughter at birth, Donna Irene; five brothers, Ansel, Eldon, Ralph, Julius and Mick, and three sisters, Reva, Iris and Lois. Memorial Services will be held at a later date. Burial will take place in Irish Grove Cemetery, Middletown, IL. Memorials are suggested to the donor's charity of choice in Virginia's memory. Davis-Anderson Funeral Home, Carlinville is in charge of arrangements.
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Couple wins $25,000 in nationwide weight loss contest
- Convention center to serve as vaccine distribution hub
- Belleville man injured in I-55 crash
- Alton Restaurant Week continues to expand lineup
- Legislation would jeopardize public safety, Plummer says
- Two face meth charges in Wood River raid
- Democrats call on local Republicans to denounce Trump’s role in inciting violence at the Capitol
- Granite City schools looking for substitute teachers
- Harry Lee Guida
- Area mayors opposed to police reform bill