To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Mary Reynolds, please visit Tribute Store
Mary Lou Reynolds, 82 of Virden, Illinois passed away Friday afternoon, January 1, 2021, at St. John's Hospital in Springfield, IL. Mary Lou was born March 5, 1938, in Girard, Illinois, a daughter of Robert and Mildred Drake Jones. Mary Lou's family nicknamed her "Mern", her friends and family affectionately called her that her lifetime. She married Clarence "Kip" Reynolds April 10, 1955 in Girard, Illinois and he passed away November 25, 2020. Mern was retired from the Department of Corrections for the State of Illinois. She traveled the state examining the books for each prison and enjoyed her job. Several years ago she enjoyed walking and attending church services at the House of Prayer, rural Girard. Mern was preceded in death by her parents, husband, son, Mark, sister, Donna Selle, and brother, Robert "Buck" Jones. Graveside services will be conducted Friday, January 15, 2021, 2:00 pm at Oak Grove Cemetery with Rev. John Huxtable. Mern will be laid to rest between her son and husband. Mary Lou is survived by son, Michael (Debra) Reynolds of Girard, IL, son, Robert Reynolds of Virden, IL, grandchildren, Brian Hannon, Sarah (Josh) Craig and Christina Bollinger, two great grandchildren, brother, Rusty Jones of SC and several nieces and nephews. Memorials may be made to Oak Grove Cemetery. Please visit www.davisandersonfuneralhome.com to leave condolences or light a candle in her memory. Davis-Anderson Funeral Home, Girard is in charge of arrangements.
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Couple wins $25,000 in nationwide weight loss contest
- Convention center to serve as vaccine distribution hub
- Belleville man injured in I-55 crash
- Alton Restaurant Week continues to expand lineup
- Legislation would jeopardize public safety, Plummer says
- Two face meth charges in Wood River raid
- Democrats call on local Republicans to denounce Trump’s role in inciting violence at the Capitol
- Granite City schools looking for substitute teachers
- Harry Lee Guida
- Area mayors opposed to police reform bill