Donald Hunt, 87 of Carlinville, passed in his sleep Tuesday, November 3, 2020, at his daughter's house in Carlinville, IL. Donald was born April 21, 1933, in Carlinville, IL, a son of Charlie and Sara Ellen (Gotcher) Hunt. He married Margaret Griffith on July 29, 1955 in Carlinville, IL, and she passed away April 9, 2018. Don served in the Army where he earned expert qualifications in marksmanship and was awarded the national defense, good conduct and army of occupation (German) medals. Don retired from the railroad and later again retired as a diesel mechanic. He loved fishing, camping with family, and attending fish fries. He also enjoyed gardening, sharing stories, baking zucchini bread and his "famous" peanut butter brownies. He was know as "Bear" by his friends, but Grandpa or Pop by family. He finished life surrounded by those he loved. Donald was preceded in death by his wife, Margaret (Griffith) Hunt, father, Charlie Hunt, mother, Sara Ellen (Grotcher) Hunt, daughter, Deborah Hunt, and brother, Charles Hunt, Jr. Donald is survived by his children; Teresa (Steven) Turner of Carlinville, IL, Brenda Grenzbach of Carlinville, IL, and Joseph (Jamie) Hunt of Springfield, IL. Also surviving are brother, Jim Hunt of AZ, and sister, Jewel (Tucker) Hunt of Charleston, SC, and 13 grandchildren, 27 great grandchildren, 1 (soon-to-be 2) great great grandchilden. Services will be held at a later date. Memorials may be made to Residential Hospice - Glen Carbon, IL. Please visit www.davisandersonfuneralhome.com to leave condolences or light a candle in his memory. Davis-Anderson Funeral Home, Carlinville is in charge of arrangements.
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Metro East Humane Society rescues 33 dogs in transport from Arkansas
- Christina O'Reilly
- Next phase of state's vaccine distribution plan to start Monday
- Spa owner seeks information after allegations against manager
- Alton School District to name West Gym after longtime coach, teacher
- IDPH reports five more COVID-19 deaths in Jersey and Madison counties
- Plummer launches Valentine’s For Seniors program
- Elik opens district office in Alton
- Local couple opens Smoothie King in Collinsville
- Alton native is new gift shop coordinator at Alton Memorial