Charles William Grove, 69, of Atwater, passed away Friday afternoon, December 25, 2020 at his residence in Atwater, IL. Charlie was born on March 23, 1951 to George and Dora (Price) Grove in Dorchester Township, IL. He married Jeanie Kampmann on July 11, 1980 in Hillsboro, IL. Charlie worked for Joe Jacobs Farms, retiring in February 2012. He enjoyed tinkering on things such as lawn mowers and other lawn equipment and was an avid gardener where he also raised chickens. He loved giving eggs away and playing cards with family and friends. Charlie is survived by his wife, Jeanie Grove of Raymond, IL; two daughters, Kim (Robert Sr.) Steward of Raymond, IL and Heather (fiance', Jesse Schneider) Grove of St. Charles, MO; two sons, Shawn (Darcy) Grove of Raymond, IL and Phoenix Grove of Portland, ME; 8 grandchildren; 4 great grandchildren; 1 great-great grandchild, as well as several nieces and nephews. Charlie was preceded in death by his parents; six brothers, Harold Grove, Larry Grove, Danny Grove, Dave Grove, James Grove, and Don Grove, and a sister, Sally Hawkins. Graveside services will take place on Thursday, January 7, 2020, at 11:00 am in Mitchell Cemetery, south of Carlinville, with Rev. David Knoblich officiating. Memorials are suggested to the family.
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Couple wins $25,000 in nationwide weight loss contest
- Convention center to serve as vaccine distribution hub
- Belleville man injured in I-55 crash
- Alton Restaurant Week continues to expand lineup
- Legislation would jeopardize public safety, Plummer says
- Two face meth charges in Wood River raid
- Democrats call on local Republicans to denounce Trump’s role in inciting violence at the Capitol
- Granite City schools looking for substitute teachers
- Area mayors opposed to police reform bill
- Haine: "Political violence destroys the rule of law"