David A. Mundy, 56, of Granite City, Illinois, passed away at 9:35 a.m. on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at his home. He was born July 4, 1964 in East St. Louis, Illinois, a son of LaDonna (McGinness) Mundy of Granite City and the late Thomas Dean Mundy. He worked at Value City Furniture in Fairview Heights with many years of dedicated service in sales. David enjoyed his days of fishing, enjoyed sports and watching baseball and football and was an avid coin collector. He will be remembered for the love and special times shared with his family and friends. In addition to his mother, he is survived by a son, Jeffrey Mundy of St. Louis; two daughters, Jackie Mundy of Glen Carbon and Jessica Mundy of Highland; two sisters and a brother-in-law, Marilyn Thomas of Granite City and Vicki and Rev. Kenneth Rayborn of Mt. Carmel; nieces; nephews; other extended family and many friends. In addition to his father, he was preceded in death by two brothers, Dean Mundy and Jeffrey Mundy; a sister and brother-in-law, Carolyn and Keith Harley and brother-in-law, Michael Thomas. In celebration of his life, a visitation will be held at City Temple Assembly of God Church, 4751 Maryville Road in Granite City on Friday, January 8, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. until time of funeral service at 12:00 noon with Reverend Sam Hart and Reverend Kenneth Rayborn officiating. Burial will follow at St. John Cemetery on Maryville Road in Granite City. Memorials may be made to the American Melanoma Institute. Donations may be accepted online at www.melanoma.institute or accepted at the funeral home or service. Irwin Chapel of Granite City in charge of arrangements. www.irwinchapel.com
Sign up for daily obituaries
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Belleville man injured in I-55 crash
- Bethalto family opens new storage facility
- Missouri residents charged in shooting of SIUE student
- Alton Restaurant Week continues to expand lineup
- Convention center to serve as vaccine distribution hub
- Couple wins $25,000 in nationwide weight loss contest
- Harry Lee Guida
- Granite City schools looking for substitute teachers
- Democrats call on local Republicans to denounce Trump’s role in inciting violence at the Capitol
- Area mayors opposed to police reform bill