Rotary International has approved the merger of the Wood River and East Alton Rotary clubs effective Jan. 1. The combined club will be known as the Riverbend East Rotary Club.
Both former clubs have a long history of serving their communities, Wood River since 1929 and East Alton since 1971. The new club officers are President Chris Logan, Vice-President Lindsey Herron, Secretary Lori Palmer, and Treasurer George Moore. The new club will start with a membership of 55 and be serving the communities of East Alton, Wood River, South Roxana, Roxana, Hartford and Wood River Township through service projects and targeted contributions. Membership is open to everyone in the business community. Weekly meetings are at noon Thursdays at Julia’s Banquet Center in Eastgate Plaza. Contact and additional information can be found at the club’s website, RiverbendEastRotary.org, or Facebook.com/riverbendeastrotary.