For the second year in a row there will be no corn maze in Godfrey. The long-standing tradition was canceled in 2020 amid the pandemic, but this year's decision has nothing to do with COVID-19 but instead with the size of the crop.
Godfrey Park and Recreation Director Todd Strubhart told Village Board members the corn just isn't tall enough.
There was discussion about planting a cover crop over the winter to rejuvenate the soil, but nothing was decided upon other than to cancel this year's maze.
- Brighton man charged with possession of child pornography
- Juveniles arrested in big fight at Expo
- Trial date set in Bethalto triple murder
- Bethalto trustees approve liquor license for planned Mexican restaurant
- Charges filed in shooting investigation
- Update on Alton shooting
- Sharon Eileen (Speer) McRoy
- Fire damages warehouse in Granite City
- Armyworms invade Illinois farm fields, gardens, lawns
- Madison County to open household hazardous waste collection site
Sign up for daily news
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.